I'm a core developer for Minetest. I've spent an uncountable number of hours and over £300 on Minetest, which includes merchandise and server costs for CTF. I'm happy to do this as it gives me some enjoyment, but a coffee in return would be awesome :)
As a core developer, I've reviewed 100s of PRs and contributed over 100 patches. That's a lot of new features and bug fixes. I've also created a ton of resources, mods and tools for Minetest, such as:
- Minetest Modding Book - a book to gently introduce people to the Minetest API.
- Freenode Live - Performed outreach to a free software user and developer audience.
- Mods - Including awards, food, and sfinv.
- Capture the Flag - game and server.
- NodeBoxEditor - a tool to create node boxes.
By donating you show me that you appreciate my work, and it encourages me to spend more time to contributing to Minetest. It also helps me cover the costs of hosting my server. Please note that you should donate only if you like what I've done so far. A donation is a "thank you" rather than a contract or requirement to do future work.