Hi, I'm rubenwardy
I'm a computer science student at the University of Bristol, and I'm a core developer for Minetest, an open source voxel game engine to create games that have infinite Minecraft-like worlds.
I'm interested in kernel, Android and game development, language compilation, and multiplayer networking.
Stuff I've Done
I post in-depth tutorials and articles on my projects on my blog around once a month. See below for the most recent posts.
Here is a selection of things I've had experience with. There's too many to list in full.
Languages and Libraries
- C/C++/C++11: STL, Sockets, SFML, SDL2, Irrlicht.
- Java/Kotlin: Android SDK, JUnit
- Python: Flask, BeautifulSoup, Celery, SQLAlchemy.
- HTML/CSS: Bootstrap, Jekyll, Jinja2, Liquid.
- Git and Repo.
- Atom.io, IntelliJ and Android Studio.
- GNU/Linux and Windows.
- CMake, Makefile and Blueprint.
- GCC, g/lcov, GDB and Valgrind.
- Jenkins, TeamCity and TravisCI.
- GIMP, InkScape, Blender, KDENLive and Serif Suite.
- Experienced with Git.
Knows rebasing, cherry-picking, and more.
- Open Source contributor.
- Has used JIRA, Slack and IRC.
- Experienced with code review and tools such as Gerrit.
Want to see more?
Take a look at my blog, Twitter, GitHub, or YouTube accounts.